Dinosnacks - the Waffen SS for Eat Hitler

So Pandora's Box Paralysis came knocking at the weekend and thanks to the excellent blog batreps from Adam Carriere, I've given in completely and decided to invest in a copy of TooFatLardies' Dux Britanniarum. You know, to complement Dux Bellorum. And Song of Arthur and Merlin. And DBA. And, yeah, well, you get the picture. Really excited to be investing in a game that is campaign, character and scenario led. That's the stuff I really like.

This of course made me dash to the loft and dig out my Saxons which you can see here.
They are all from Renegade Miniatures save for the bag at the bottom right hand side of the box.  Those are from Gripping Beast.  I'll need some more Saxons to have a starter force, and I'm enjoying putting together a wish list for my Romano-British force to face them.

But all this excitement hasn't made me give up on my other projects. No siree, PBP will not win this time. I'll just be a wargaming butterfly jumping between three projects; Dux Britanniarum, WWII Bolt Action and Eat Hitler! Well, four really. Those buildings for the ETO will also come in handy for my Weird War II ATZ & NUTS! variant.  See what I mean?  Wargaming butterfly.


So, what better a way to get back into the painting side of the hobby than to get four Waffen SS soldiers ready to be served as appetisers in Eat Hitler. These are made by Artizan Designs and are an absolute dream to prep and paint. They had very little in the way of mould lines to remove. And I must say it was a real joy to paint some metal miniatures. It's been so long since I've done that. In fact I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'd put them on a par with Perry Miniatures. And I can't think of higher praise.




As always, thanks for stopping by!

Comments