The 365 Challenge: Utter Fail

Well, it is what it is. I have to throw up my hands and confess that I haven't a hope of any kind of success of achieving the 365 Challenge. If you don't know what this is, let me explain. 
I discovered this challenge at the start of the year. It goes like this: an hour of hobby a day (or it's equivalent) for a year. It doesn't sound too hard. Perfectly reasonable to many. But in my quest to make ends meet and hopefully have a career in the future, it has sadly become a hopeless (and at times frustrating) quest.
To be perfectly honest, I lost track of the time I've spent in my hobby. There hasn't been a lot. I was grabbing half hours here and there where I could squeeze it in. On the upside, I managed to finally complete the Anglo-Saxon church recently. But as to how much time was spent getting there I don't know. 15 hours? 20 hours? 
The last time I recorded my progress was 6th May, by which point I had accumulated a whopping 53 and a half hours.
That's sarcasm, by the way. That was day 126, which for the record is an equivalent of less than 30 minutes a day. Even if I added another 20 hours to that total, I'd be looking at 73.5 hours on day 159. That's just shy of 28 minutes a day. I've got even less of a chance of making g the challenge than Sir Rupert has of defeating a Triceratops single handedly...
This has been a source of frustration to me. (Can you tell?) I can't help my circumstances. So it's time to move on!
Yes, I might not have been able to achieve a perfectly reasonable target of 365 hours of hobby in 2017. I probably will have even less time in 2018 if all goes well and I start my postgrad. But who cares? I've had time for hobby despite being crazy busy. And that's something worth celebrating!
I still get time to game and I am blessed with those I game with. Their patience is exemplary!
And I'm on the threshold of starting a new project. Or two.
My modern city boards need finishing. Once they're done I can make some new buildings. Scratch built as usual.
I'm also in the early stages of planning my Fallujah project.
And I'm psyched because the proverbial cat has been let out of the equally proverbial bag and I've learned I'm getting a box of Perry's DAK on Father's Day!
Now you know my time is limited, but in my mind that's an awful lot of cool stuff to get working on in the coming months!
Finally, a sincere thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my blog, and especially to those who +1 and Like it. 
Your kind words of encouragement keep me going.
I may have a virtually non-existent budget, but nothing I can do warrants the kindness from my friends out there in SocialMediaLand. 
Thanks for being there.

Comments