A Whole New Blog...!

I have to be completely honest.  I'm really loving getting back into the 40K universe.  It's like visiting a long-lost friend.
Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of reasons why I stopped playing 40K.  The cost of their miniatures; their refusal at the time to allow you to play in store with anything other than their latest models (yes, it was that far back!); the need to buy the latest unit because it was the only way to have the slightest chance against the newest army to receive a Codex; the way you knew by what the opponent brought to the table whether or not you'd be able to last until the end of the first turn; the need to buy unit 'x' to take down enemy unit 'y' that you're now going to have to face.... The list goes on.
Well, now I've been lured back after a good friend introduced me to the shiny new world of 8th edition.  And finally, with three modes of play (open, narrative and competition), there's a place for someone like myself who enjoys a fun game with friends.  I've already talked about what I like in the new edition here.  Yes, if someone now approaches me with a desire for competitive play, I know instantly that they are a Beard, that the game will not be fun, and by simply asking what power level they would prefer to play, I can send them scurrying to the hills!  It has pretty much the same effect as asking Jehovah's Witnesses to come in and pray when they ring your doorbell...!

But I digress...

The purpose of this post, dear reader, is to let you know that I've taken a bold decision.  Rather than simply post about all things 40K here in this blog, I've decided to make a brand new blog.  I know this isn't a new idea to many, but it' new to me.  This blog was begun years ago as a way for me to keep a record of my hobby.  I wanted a place I could find easily that would show me what I have built and how I went about doing so.  It was, in all truth, a way to keep tabs on what was to become a nineteen-month project building The Town with No Name.

Of course, since then I've been blown away by the number of people who have had a look at my humble ramblings.  The positive responses I have received have been overwhelming.  And over time Worlds in Miniature, as it would eventually be renamed, has become a place where I have shared some of my painting, some batreps, but most of all my scratch built scenery.  Adding a load of 40K doesn't seem to fit with what this blog is all about.

So I've started a second blog called Imperial Dispatches.  In it, I'll post all my progress as I seek to assemble and amass new and existing armies.  You can guarantee that I'll be scratch building plenty of scenery for 40K, and you'll find out all about that kind of stuff here.  But everything else grimdark will be found on the new blog.  So you can expect to see more of my Ultramarines getting painted. You can see me begin to assemble a Death Guard army too.  But most importantly, I hope Imperial Dispatches will be able to tell the tale of a forty-somethingth gamer returning to the sci-fi milieu of his formative teenage years, and his attempts to build the Astra Militarum army of his dreams.  (Yes, I know they are Imperial Guard, but GW have renamed them, so what can I do?!?!)

And as for Worlds in Miniature?  Well, there's a lot more to come.  There are the city boards which really need some new buildings to cover everything from the roaring twenties to the apocalypse.  There's Victorian Science Fiction ahead of us with In Her Majesty's Name.  There will be some crossover with Imperial Dispatches as I use some of my 40K minis to play In the Emperor's Name (shush, don't tell them!!!).  And in the immediate future?  Well, let's not forget my Robin Hood project which will include a number of new buildings, and some more builds for Blood Eagle in its original setting.  Right now I have the beginnings of a Sacred banner base drying in a rare glimpse of sun on my cutting mat...
So please check out my new blog Imperial Dispatches and remember, this isn't the end of one blog and the start of another. no, it's twice the space for my hobby stuff.  This continuing journey in the world of wargaming has much, much more to offer!

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my ramblings!

Comments