Robert De Rainault, High Sheriff of Nottingham

I've spent a very relaxing day working on a beautiful model from Perry Miniatures. It's from their Crusades range. I'm not using it for that though. I'm using it as my Sheriff of Nottingham in our upcoming Robin Hood games using the excellent Blood Eagle rules by the Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare. And although you could argue I need to get my finger out and get these models painted, I learned a while ago that you can't rush your painting. It takes as long as it takes to get the results you're happy with. There's no point rushing and ruining your work. And with models as good as these, why would you want to rush anyway?
I'm basing my project on the Robin of Sherwood TV series which is and always will be my definitive retelling of the legend. A big part of the success of the show rested on the character of Robin's adversary, the High Sheriff of Nottingham. And nobody could rival the wonderful performance of Nickolas Grace in this role. Many have tried. None have succeeded.

So I clearly have a lot to live up to in this painting job then...
The model painted up a dream, and appears here with one of his men from Fireforge Games.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

Comments